1. Search books! The library has books on many of your topics.
eBooks on EBSCOhost
Gale Virtual Reference Library (scroll down to Health/Medicine books)
2. Find reference articles! Use the electronic databases below to find authoritative sources.
Student Resource Center
SIRS Discoverer (in POWER Library)
Science Full-text Select (in POWER Library)
3. Search videos! Why not introduce your lesson with a brief video?
Discovery Education (user: Windows login; pwd: discover)
Safari Montage (user & pwd: same as your Windows login)
4. Search trustworthy websites!
NIH: Child & Teen Health
Mayo Clinic Life Stages
CDC Life Stages
WHO: Health Topics
NY Times: Health Guide
BBC News: Health
5. Build your bibliography using NOODLETOOLS.
Creating a Children's Book
1. Create an original fiction or nonfiction book.
2. Use copyright-friendly images. Since others will see this book, it is extremely important not to take images that are not approved for use!!
3. Use the PRESENTATION TOOLS Pathfinder to search for copyright-friendly images, or DRAW YOUR OWN!!